This week I took up the task of completely restructuring the chunk of code that I was assigned to work on. In the process of getting everything nice and organized, I managed to completely finish writing the code for the new problem I was meant to solve -- that is, the elusive multiple channel non... Continue Reading →
It's week 6! I'm excited for this coming long weekend! I feel like I learned a lot this week! After looking at the aggregated abundances, I've been using tools such as Prokka and BlastKOALA to annotate the gene. That essentially means these programs tell you what your bins are composed of; when I ran my... Continue Reading →
This past week, I have been doing preliminary assessments with the data that I have gotten back from Xander. For every gene, I used R to examine the kmer abundance distribution, calculate the length (in basepairs) statistics, the percent identity to the gene of interest, and number at 99% identity. I also use R to calculate... Continue Reading →
Attempting to apply time discretize Galerkin method to the (1-1) dimensional space-fractional diffusion equation.
Over the past week, I have been beginning improving my newly working code in various ways. My advisor said he likes how the data structure and search algorithm are implemented, and gave me basically two tasks. The first was that my implementation did not leave much room for parallelism. While very quick serially, for large... Continue Reading →
Hey y'all, It's been a bit of slow week in my project, as I'm just running the same code over and over for different values of three variables (about 40 times in total). However, once this is done, I will be expanding my model of the 1-D wire into one a 2-D "slice" of brain... Continue Reading →
This week has involved a lot of troubleshooting, with the first completed attempt at a solution. Several of the problems were simply due to logic errors, but it seems there are more deep-seeded problems as well. There has been one central mistake in calculating the coupling potential since the very beginning, but its suspected there... Continue Reading →
This past week, I finished cleaning up the plant/tree dataset that I will be using for my project. I wrote R scripts to run several imputations using predictive mean matching (pmm). The pmm linear regression method worked the best on the data. I also started using the R package Rphylopars to reconstruct the phylogenetic tree of the species to predict the missing traits.
During the course of this past week my time was spent modeling many aspects of our simulated galaxy. In particular, I focused on plotting vorticity and mass as a function of time, as well as the angular momentum for all three axes as a radial profile. We've also now begun to realize that our simulation... Continue Reading →